Coat Drive

Back to Article
Back to Article

Coat Drive

Zoey Shepherd, Writer

AHS has thrown an annual Coat Drive for many years now that has encouraged students to participate. By donating a coat, teens have the ability to help out in such a significant way. These coats will keep many children warm over the upcoming winter.

This year, the school managed to raise approximately 120 coats from many generous students and faculty that wanted to help. Without these donations many kids would be unable to receive the coats they desperately need. With the assistance of Amanda Sheetz, one of the schools AP English teachers, helping out in a major way was made possible. Anything from jackets, hoodies and sweaters were accepted and sent off to Faith City Mission and Salvation Army. Keeping kids warm was the main goal of this coat drive. With parents struggling with money and stressing about how to keep their children snug can be a major concern. With one generous donation, students can be helping not only a child in need, but also a struggling parent.

“The coat drive is a great way to give less fortunate kids warm clothing for when it starts to get cold outside,” junior Toby Kirkpatrick said.

Most students can see the importance in this small act of kindness. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have necessities for the upcoming winter, so with the help from students at AHS, kids can have a healthy and happy winter.

About the Writer
Zoey Shepherd, Writer

My name is Zoey Shepherd and I'm a first year staffer. I'm in wrestling and I love Grey's Anatomy.

• News

Bad Calls or Bad Refs?

• Coat Drive

News

Super Bowl LIII

• Coat Drive

News

National Merit Scholarship

• Coat Drive

News

UIL State Spirit Competition

• News

National Championship

• News

Should Students Pay for Parking Passes?

• Coat Drive

News

Awards Shows Should Not Be A Political Platform

• Coat Drive

College Corner

Simply Scholarships

• Coat Drive

Arts & Entertainment

All-State Choir and Band

• Coat Drive

News

Four advance to State in TAFE

Coat Drive