Homecoming Recap

First Time in School History to Have a Homecoming King
Homecoming+Recap

Crowds cheer as Emma Keister donned the Homecoming Queen crown alongside Seth Meason, the very first homecoming king in AHS history, during halftime of the homecoming game Friday, September 17. 

The Senior class of 2022 nominated the following candidates: 

Ava Timmons is involved in Executive Student Council, PALS, and NHS. In past years, Ava has dedicated her time to track and cross country, FCA, and PEACE club. Outside of school, Ava volunteers at her church, Trinity Fellowship Church, and helps lead small groups during the school year. One piece of advice Ava would like to share with the student body: “…high school is as fun as you make it! If you get involved and participate, school becomes a fun place to be. I have made some memories that will last me a lifetime here at AHS, and getting involved was a major part of that.” 

Hallee Leathers dedicates her time to Student Council, NHS, PALS, and Varsity Basketball. She has played basketball all four years that she has attended high school. Hallee volunteers at her church and plays club basketball outside of school. She is excited to be nominated by her peers. Her advice for the student body: “Study hard, work hard, whatever you dream to do you can achieve if you try.” 

Emma Keister participates in Student Council, choir, NHS, PALS, and holds the position of Student Body Vice President. Outside of school Emma leads a middle school small group at her church, volunteers at the Heal the City Free Medical Clinic, and every once in a while hits up the tennis courts for a quick match. One piece of advice Emma would like to share with the student body: “Be kind to everyone, whether you believe they deserve it or not.” 

For the first time in Amarillo High history, the school crowned a homecoming king. The first ever king nominees were Cade Hornecker, Gibson Egan, and Seth Meason. 

“…I’m exteremly honored that I’m in the first group of guys ever..so hopefully I’ll go out there and win!” Cade Hornecker said. Cade volunteers as a member of PALS and plays Varsity Basketball. Outside of school, Cade plays more basketball and takes lots of pictures. One piece of advice Cade would like to share with the Student Body; “Honestly just have fun, too many people don’t enjoy high school cause they are so stressed out and I think a big part of life is having fun…so enjoy high school.”

“It’s really fun to be nominated with Gibby and Cade, and I am excited that I got to share this opportunity with them,” Seth Meason said. Seth participates in band, choir, he holds the title of band President, Drum Major, chaplain for the band,Vice President of choir, and a student director. Outside of school, he plays in Amarillo Symphony Youth Orchestra. He just finished his second year as principal horn. He leads worship at his church Oasis Southwest Baptist. One piece of advice he would like to share with the student body: “Don’t ever take advantage of the people around you. They all are unique in their own ways and they should mean the world to you because the amount of value within each person is priceless.”

Gibson Egan has played on the Varsity Soccer team for 2 years and Varsity Cheer for 3 years. He has earned the position of Sandman. He held the title of class President for the past 3 years. He participates in the IB program, Student Council, Spanish Club, Ken Club, and NHS. Outside of school Gibson volunteers at Hillside Christian Church. He feels honored to have been nominated as one of the first ever King Homecoming Court nominees. His one piece of advice for the Student Body: “Take chances. Something may seem tough or scary at first, but if you take a chance and put yourself out there you could end up having great rewards. You never know until you try.”