Did you have a Valentine?

Just One More Sip

The Critical Critic Reviews Starbucks’s Fall Drinks

With over 50 years of customer service, Starbucks has decades of experience and flavors under its belt. With several locations in Europe, Asia, Canada, the U.S., Latin America, and Australia, the franchise racks up nearly $540,000,000 annually in the U.S. alone and has become a part of the daily routine for millions. The new lineup of fall drinks make their grand appearance this season. It consists of classics making their long-awaited return, and some newcomers who want to make a good first impression. Other than the damage this review did to my wallet, this lineup has impressed me more than I expected it to. I must say that trying these drinks would make anyone’s fall experience ten times better.

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew

When I first tried the drink, I was actually late for work. Due to my indecisive nature, I practically had a panic attack in the Starbucks drive-thru, but the wonderful staff at the Starbucks on Coulter gave me a helping hand and recommended this drink after I frantically (and embarrassingly) asked them for their recommendation. To say the least, this drink tastes divine. The pumpkin-flavored cold foam, nestled on the top of the drink, really added to its charm and gave it a welcoming and flavorful taste. Once my taste buds acclimated, the flavors attacked my senses with a classic bitter twang of coffee, alongside the essence of fall that consists of the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove dusted on top. Overall, I give the drink a 9/10.

Apple Crisp Macchiato 

When I took my first sip, the bitterness of the drink stood out immediately. I am unsure if my drink tasted bitter because of the barista that made it, or the pre-made coffee beans, but the coffee tasted especially burnt. I also could not get over the overwhelming fact that the drink made me feel as though I drank a Bath and Body Works pumpkin and coffee-scented candle. It tasted extremely overwhelming, and luckily I chose a tall. As I searched for more opinions on the drink, many others seemed to agree with my point. Overall, I give this a 5/10.

Iced Chai Latte

When the first sip hit my tongue, I became immediately transfixed. Never in my life had I ever drunk something so delectable. This drink tasted divine as if its second main ingredient were angel tears. This drink can only be described as the epitome of fall herself. I would honestly recommend this to everyone within a 15 feet radius of me if not for my introverted nature. I have yet to try the warmed version, but I expect it to be as delectable as this. Overall, I give this a 15/10.

Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino

The hype around this drink really had my hopes up since everyone has recommended it to me for the past 5 years. I swear I have known about this drink for far longer than I have known my times tables. Overall, the entire experience felt rather mediocre. The flavor tasted like unripe pumpkin filling with a hint of cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Since I forgot to mention that I wanted almond milk instead of dairy to the barista, drinking this drink had adverse effects on my stomach, but that is on me. The lovely staff simply did what they could with a delightful attitude that made my day 10x better.  After I had finished the drink, the leftover whipped cream settled at the bottom of the cup and became really watery and runny. It just sort of sat on top of the flavorless ice chunks and really turned me off from finishing the drink. Overall, I give this sad excuse of a Frappuccino a 3/10.

Pumpkin Spice Latte

After finally trying the PSL after years of suspense, I have to say the drink lives up to the hype that millions took part in. This drink felt like a warm hug in a cup, with heavenly notes of pumpkin, cinnamon, and caramel. I do have to say the beans tasted especially burnt when I tried it, but I feel as though the combination of festive flavors alongside the burnt beans went well together giving it a “cozy” flavor. I highly recommend those who have not tried the PSL get it warm because it really helps build a homey vibe. But I have the pleasure to announce that I will implement this into my yearly festivities for the introduction of the fall season. Overall, I give the famed PSL an 8.5/10