Theatre One Act Performance

“The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Nighttime” had a public performance on March 29th, directed by the new theater teacher Ms. Easterling.

The theatrical performance has gone to two clinics, the AISD festival, and the Kody Hodge festival. The play made it to district without advancing, and recently performed for the public.

“I hope that everyone [could] come to see it,”  Easterling said. “And I hope that it’s enjoyed by the audience.”

The story of the play is based on the novel by British author Mark Haddon, and follows a teen with autism who solves a murder case and describes his interactions with his surroundings. 

“It is the story of a 15-year-old boy named Christopher Boone with autism and his relationship with his family, the world around him, how he navigates the world and solves one or two mysteries,” Easterling said.

The novel achieved great success with the public, with the play adaptation following suit. 

“I think it is an excellent script,” Easterling said. “The book won a Pulitzer and the script won a Tony award for best new play in 2015, [also winning a Pulitzer prize].”

The script was picked by a group of seniors to be taken to UIL competition. Despite getting out in bi-district, Easterling was excited about their public performance. 

“I am thrilled to [have worked] with this group of students and with such a great script that they picked,” Easterling said. “It was voted on by a group of seniors that we have on our theatre program, and they have picked an amazing show and have worked really really hard.”