Volleyball Fundraiser Game

Graphic By: Raina Burusnukul

The volleyball team raised money for breast cancer awareness and treatment at their pink out game that took place on October 11th.

During the week of the game, multiple announcements were held for the students about the game. The game was posted on social media welcoming students and guests to come, wear pink and show their support for those with breast cancer. The audience was then given the opportunity to donate money to the team for the Harrington Cancer and Health Foundation. 

They planned many things for the day off in order to show their support. On the day of the game the freshman, JV, and varsity volleyball teams all wore pink and held a ceremony. 

“At the beginning of the game the players got to give a rose to someone that was affected by breast cancer, it was really touching and cool to experience,” Sophomore Bird Moffit said.

Players hope that this contribution helps with overall breast cancer awareness. They also hope to share the impact and importance of early detection. 

“I hope that people that have been or are being affected by breast cancer can receive the help they need and I hope that we have brought more awareness for it,” Bird Moffit said.

Overall the game and fundraiser went really well. The Sandies played Caprock and raised over four hundred dollars. 

“We beat Caprock 3-0 and that was great,” Volleyball coach Mike Moffit said.