Halloween Candy Review

Snickers, Twix, Herseys, Starburst, and Skittles will appear in everyone’s trick-or-treat bag, but one candy takes the title for the superior Halloween snack. But, a ranking needs to take place before revealing the king of candies. 

Coming in last, Tootsie Rolls, this candy will wedge up between every nook and cranny of one’s mouth. Eating Tootsie Rolls feels like chewing a chocolate-flavored stick of sugar. Also, not only does it taste funny it also looks funny, and many can agree with this statement. Tootsie Rolls sit with a 2 out of 5-star rating. 

Second from last, 3 Musketeers takes the spot. They happen to be the most simple yet sugary and diabetes-enticing candy of all. Taking one bite of this fun size candy will make people want to drink gallons of water, just to get the taste out. The inside consists of a mushy filling called “nougat chocolate”, and then coated in a layer of milk chocolate. Giving this candy to 8-year-olds will make them bounce on and off the ceiling. To avoid that situation, consider giving them a different candy that will not make their teeth fall out the day after Halloween. With the too-sweet inside and too-sweet outside, the three Musketeers deserve a 1-star out of 5-rating. 

Dots, those candies in little yellow boxes get seventh place. With innovative and eco-friendly packaging, the contents inside make kids want to scream and run in terror. First, the texture of this candy could not get any worse. The semi-tough outer coating and chewing inside kind of resembles Tootsie rolls because they will also get stuck between your teeth. Second, the flavor tastes extremely artificial while the coloring screams cancerous. Dots deserve a zero rating, but sadly that can not happen so it will receive a 0.5/5 rating. 

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups take the fifth spot. Although many people adore it, others can not consume it because of food allergens. To stay on the safe side, avoid giving out this candy. Flavorwise, the chocolate outer coating tends to taste too sweet and the inner peanut butter dries out the mouth like cotton balls. Out of 5 stars, Reese’s Cups deserves a 2.5. 

Skittles deserve to sit in fourth place. Originating in 1974, everyone and their mother know how iconic they are. With a colorful outer coating and a chewy, flavorful inside, nothing gets more iconic than that. They deserve a 3 out of 5-star rating because they appear in everyone’s Halloween bag, and yet no one eats Skittles for the next 5 months. 

Although Kool-aid juices do not fit in any candy category, they come in third on the list. Only the superior house on the block gives out juice pouches. Their uniqueness grants them their spot, as they not only refresh and hydrate but also, they also wash out all the nasty candy one might receive that night. They deserve a 4.5 out of 5-star rating. 

Coming in second place, the Jolly Rancher candy, (even better if they come in the lollipop form). Again, everyone knows about this candy, and is a household name. They contain a good combination of sweet and sour with flavors that distinctly scream Jolly Rancher. Giving this candy out will for sure prevent one’s house from getting egged. It sits at a 4.7 rating and not a 5 because it can be overdone sometimes.

Last but not least, coming in first place, the Caramel Apple Pops. A candy that people often forget about but have a unique taste and look. They come in first because once they come back into mind they taste like cloud nine (borderline addictive). The outer caramel coating has the perfect texture and just the right amount of sweetness, while the inner apple-flavored lollipop contrasts the caramel sweetness with a hint of sour. Only saints give out Caramel Apple Pops and they deserve all the love in this world. Of course, they deserve a 6.5 out of 5-star rating.