Donations For Hoobler

Volleyball game fundraises for Sandie family

To help fundraise for the Hoobler family, the volleyball program donated all money earned during the Lady Sandies vs. Canyon non-district volleyball game on Tuesday, Aug. 29.
Ty Hoobler, one of the assistant volleyball coaches and head softball coach, was recently informed that his wife, Kylie, was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer. Together they have three children, and the family needs support.
“This is a really special place and time, this team means a lot to my family and I,” Hoobler said. “We are honored to be supported by everyone here.”
Since Hoobler joined the volleyball program, he has become much more than just a coach. His guidance helps athletes and other coaches to be their best by encouraging them and supporting them throughout sports and their daily lives.
“The Canyon match was a big deal for our program stepping up to help one of our own,” Head Volleyball Coach Mike Moffitt said. “Coach Hoobler is one of the very best people I have met. He has the sweetest family and we want to do everything we can to help his family as his wife goes through this fight with cancer. The game itself was very exciting.”
Throughout the game, volunteers walked through the crowd with donation buckets which allowed fans to donate cash or use Venmo.
“Since he got here, Hoobler has been an inspiration to me on what it means to be a great coach,” Assistant Volleyball Coach Aubree Coleman said. “Not just a great coach in your first sport. He goes above and beyond for our program and it’s incredible. And Kylie has been a part of some of the most special moments with my own daughter. She took her newborn pictures and one-year-old pictures so getting to know her outside of the coaching world has been wonderful. They truly are such a special family. “
The family is still accepting donations if anyone would like to help them out please follow the link to Venmo or scan the QR code below.

https://account.venmo.com/u/Kylie-Hoobler-1