Update on Roof Restoration

Roofing repair kicks back into motion

Due to issues involving liquids leaking from ceilings around the building, roofing renovations began this summer.

Around 9-10 years ago the roof renovations were ongoing, but a disagreement with the district and the contractor caused the construction to stop. The renovations will bring a sturdy roof and an improved air conditioning system. In 2020, the roofs of the commons and auditorium began renovations due to their condition, but rainy weather postponed much of the work. As a result, the main building is still undergoing construction.

“The roofing ended for my area of the building (part of the academic wing) the day before school started so it was great timing for me,” Calculus teacher Stephanie Trevathan said. “I know other parts of the building are still under construction.”

Postponing roofing renovations caused many classrooms to experience leakages.

“My room had issues with leaking on rainy days,” Trevethan said. “One day was so bad there was a waterfall down the wall and we relocated to another room.”

Students and staff remain distraught with the smell and the time it takes, but all anticipate the end product.

“Working AC and a non-leaking roof are worth the wait,” journalism teacher Amy Burchett said.