Things To-Do Before Fall Ends

Checklist for Autumn

The fall season not only brings cooler weather but a whole new set of fun activities. Some great ideas to occupy this time of year include pumpkin patches, new food and many seasonal events.

Maxwell’s Pumpkin Farm makes the list as one of the best annual things to do during this season. Activities that Maxwell’s offers include pumpkin picking, a giant corn maze and an assortment of fun options for kids.

For a low-cost option visit a street-side pumpkin vendor like the one outside of Coulter Gardens & Nursery Inc. to buy pumpkins.

Another traditional fall-themed activity includes baking fall treats. You can try out some new recipes or stick with traditional ones. Some options include pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and oatmeal cinnamon cookies.

For the crafters, fall and Halloween crafts are the way to go. One of the most popular fall trends this year consists of making knot blankets. These blankets comprised of two pieces of fleece fabric make for a quick easy craft. Go to your nearest craft store, grab some fall-printed fleece material and get to making a new blanket to cuddle in (click here for a tutorial). For your inner kid, relive your childhood nostalgia by going outside, grabbing a rake and gathering leaves. Then make the leaves into a pile and jump in it, sometimes the simplest things make the best time.

A wonderful indoor option for those cooler days is a movie marathon. Whether you choose the Disney classics, Hocus Pocus and Halloween Town, or a scary movie to put a chill down your spine, this can occupy your time. Pop some popcorn, gather some blankets and snuggle up to enjoy the seasonal movies.

The last suggestion is to have a fall or Halloween photoshoot. A popular idea includes taking white sheets, glasses, hats and cool shoes to take a classic ghost photo. The pumpkin head trend makes for another great photoshoot idea, buy pumpkins, cut a hole for your head, carve the face to your liking and take some photos.