Ready, Set, Comeback

Sandies blow the Mustangs off the field
Going+for+the+touchdown.+
m
Going for the touchdown.

The Sandies were firing on all cylinders last Thursday night against Lubbock Coronado. They shattered expectations with a score of 66-14, a large score difference that has not been done in a decade.
The Sandstorm came into the game with doubt and skepticism from their previous week’s loss to Lubbock Cooper. This game was crucial to the district placing. A loss would result in a record of 3-5, making the Sandies’ potential path to the playoffs even more challenging. Even with the pressure, wide receiver Oliver Parsons put up a personal best performance, raking in 238 yards and four touchdowns to help his team dominate the game.
“We played great, we fired on all cylinders with Pius Vokes scoring three touchdowns and our defense forcing three fumbles and getting a ton of sacks,” Parsons said. “It really hasn’t set in yet, I’m still in game mode but it will set in later.”
With a bye week coming up, Head Coach Chad Dunnam is looking to capitalize on this opportunity.
“We need this bye week to get recovered, we have been going since August,” Dunnam said. “We are gonna push forward and get ready for Abilene High.”
The Sandies will play Abilene High in a district match-up on Oct. 27.