Homecoming Court

Homecoming+Court

Homecoming season has officially rolled around, and the school buzzes with excitement. Despite all the fun activities that come along with HOCO, Homecoming Court steals the show every year.

The student body nominates a handful of senior boys and girls who have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become the homecoming queen or king. The nominees ride in Convertibles or classic cars during the parade, and then the winners are announced during halftime at the Homecoming football game on Sept. 29.

This year’s queen nominees are Emmy Albracht, Morgan Rose, Marisol Rojas, Jaycie Scott and Ellee Wade.

The king nominees are Will Flaming, Josh Monarez, Zeke Riddley, John Kyle Sparkman and Aryan Trehan.

───────────────────────

Morgan Rose is involved in varsity tennis, the Executive Student Council, PALS and NHS. Outside of school she enjoys hanging out with friends.

“I feel so honored and excited to be nominated.”

───────────────────────

Jaycie is involved in varsity volleyball, NHS, and STUCO. Outside of school she teaches gymnastics and coaches volleyball. She loves to take pictures and vlogs in her free time.

“When I found out I was nominated I was super surprised and excited. I am so blessed to get to participate in such a fun event.”

───────────────────────

Josh Monarez is involved in varsity cheer. Outside of school he enjoys hanging out with friends, hiking and traveling. A fun fact about Josh is that he loves Dr. Pepper.

“Being nominated is a blessing and an experience I’ll never forget.”

───────────────────────

Marisol Rojas is involved in varsity Steppers and the Cancer Kids First club. Outside of school she dances at Amarillo Performing Arts Center and coaches dance for middle schoolers. Marisol’s fun fact is that she is a hopeless romantic.

“I am honored to be one of the lucky few chosen to be in the homecoming court and incredibly grateful and excited.”

───────────────────────

Zeke Riddley is involved in varsity Steppers. Outside of school he loves to shop and hang out with his family and friends. A fun fact about him is that he is very good at acting.

“I feel accomplished. It’s nice to know people enjoy my presence and feel as though I should be honored with something like this.”

───────────────────────

Will Flaming is involved in football, baseball, NHS and PALS. Outside of school he enjoys fishing, hunting and playing pickleball. A fun fact about Will is that he is left-handed.

“I am honored to be able to be involved in this experience with my friends.”

───────────────────────

Emmy Albracht is involved in varsity cheer, executive counsel, PALS, leads the Football Ladies and is the senior student body president. Outside of school she enjoys traveling, participating in her youth group, singing and playing pickleball. A fun fact about her is that she had scoliosis surgery when she was in 7th grade and now has two rods and many screws in her back.

“I feel very honored to be nominated and very grateful to be able to represent Amarillo High School.”

───────────────────────

Ellee Wade is involved in the Executive Student Council, PALS, IPET, NHS, TAFE and she is the senior class corresponding secretary. Outside of school she enjoys hanging out with friends and family, leading a middle group of girls at her church, babysitting and ministering. She loves kids and hopes to become an occupational therapist for children with intellectual disabilities in the future. A fun fact about Ellee is that she works at Hidden Falls Ranch during the summer, ministering to the children. Another fun fact is that her mom, Jennifer Wade, was Homecoming queen in 1994, and hates talking about it because it “makes her feel old”.

“I’m really excited and honestly I’m mostly excited about finding a pretty dress and riding in the car at the parade.”

Considering the fact that Ellee’s mom was once homecoming queen, this event is especially special to her.

“I think it’s super awesome that we were both presented with this opportunity. She is my queen and she deserved that title for sure. It’s fun to get to do something that my mom also did. It’s definitely special.”

───────────────────────

John Kyle Sparkman is involved in the Executive Student Council, soccer, varsity cross country and is the senior vice president. Outside of school he enjoys long-distance running, fishing and running his design business. A fun fact about John is that he has mastered reverse parking.

“I was surprised that I was nominated to be honest. I’m thankful to be on the field, crown or no crown.”

Aryan Trehan – He did not reply to any attempt to contact him