JV Ends Season Undefeated

Courtesy Photo
The JV team celebrates their undefeated season

While the Sandie’s Varsity has been getting the job done, the future stars have had a perfect season, one that gives the team something to look forward to in the future. The Sandies Junior Varsity team, led by head coach Cole Underwood, completed their season undefeated

Will Flaming, sophomore quarterback, recently talked about the talent of this young team “We have dogs at all positions on the field,” Flaming said.

The “dogs” Flaming refers to are the star offensive line with Nicholas Romo and Colton Flores. Both Flores and Romo have acknowledged this nickname for them and the line due to their dominating plays.  

“We dominated in the trenches which has led to a very successful offense,” Romo said.

This team has grown together this season and thanks to Underwood and Flaming’s bond, it has run a lot smoother.   The success does not stop with the offense. The JV defense has played very well only allowing a high of merely 24 points against Palo Duro. Star linebacker Leo Butler has given credit to their opponents.

“We played very solid throughout the season and some games were tough,” Butler said ”We still are undefeated,” Very solid would be an understatement when considering this defense played a shutout game against Coronado and only allowed an average of twelve points all season.

Coach Underwood stated he is very satisfied to say the least with his team’s performance. “I feel like it has gone really really good,” Underwood said “We’ve gotten better every game and have given really great effort every week as well.”  This season’s just a glimpse of what these players will do for the Sandie program.