Homecoming 2022 Recap

Graphic By: Raina Burusnukul

The Sandies continue their comeback tour by taking down Odessa High 42-17. Friday’s game was dominated by Junior Pius Vokes with a huge 3 touchdown performance.

Two of Vokes’ scores would come in the first half, one off of a 42 yard run and another off of a 60 yard pass.

“Prayer, believing that he has your back and he’s in control,” Vokes said.

This was the motivation that Vokes used going into this must win game for the team 

“We locked down their best receiver that has a lot of [school] records and he didn’t catch one ball,” Junior Max McLemore said.

The defense stepped up to the challenge and did everything they could ask out of an injury riddled Sandie secondary. 

The Sandie defense only allowed a total of 3 points in the first half. The Broncos offense have played well all season averaging 37 points per game this season but the Sandies held them to just 17 the whole game. 

Things only look better for the Sandies and all signs point in the positive direction. Momentum is what the Sandies are going to need going into next week’s rivalry matchup against the 3-1 Tascosa Rebels, who are also coming off of a dominant win over Herford 56-10 

Odessa (Visitor) 

0-3-7-7 

Total 17

AHS (Home) 

14-21-7-0

Total 42