AHS V.S THS Basketball Game

Graphic By: Raina Burusnukul

For the sixth time in a row, the Sandie Boys basketball team took down the rebels this time in an even more dominant fashion. 

Tascosa high school entered the January 8th game on a two-game losing streak with a loss to Permian and a close loss to district opponent, Palo Duro. The Sandies started the game off with a strong defensive performance holding the Rebels to just 12 points in the first half. Junior Braden Hausen led the Sandies in the first half by putting up 13 points.

The second half was a different story for the Rebels, mostly thanks to Junior Jaylin Sledge who took over the game, bringing the game back into reach by outscoring the Sandies 16-15 in the third quarter and 15-11 in the fourth. The Sandies would not give up, however, keeping the game just out of the Rebels’ hands and continuing to apply pressure on defense. This proved to be too much for the Rebels. The Sandies start off district play strong with a 60-43 win over their district rival and faced the Plainview Bulldogs on Friday, January 20th.