Rivalry With Unexpeted Turn of Events

Photo By: Zach Ring

The stage was set for the biggest game the Sandies and Rebels will face all season and the filled stadium seats showed that the crowd was ready for the traditional rivalry game. The game lived up to the hype with a total score of 55 points and many highlight plays with the Rebels defeating the Sandies 45-10.

The first drive of the game was a testament of what was going to happen throughout the game. Sophomore TJ Tillman began Tascosa’s game with a 37 yard catch putting the Rebels on the Amarillo High side of the field in just one play. The Rebels would continue to cap off the big play with a rushing touchdown. The Rebels continued that momentum on defense forcing a quick turnover that would become another rushing touchdown, this score would put Tascosa up 14-0 just 5 minutes into the game. However, the Sandies did answer back to the score with points of their own by a 36 yard field goal by kicker Micah Conger; the only points the Sandies would have until 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter. 

The Rebels continued their dominance of the Sandies throughout the game finishing with 45 points to the Sandies 10. Overall, the Rebels dominated on defense causing absolute havoc forcing 6 total turnovers. 

Tascosa 

14-9-22-0 

Total 45

AHS

3-0-0-7

Total 10