Dear Sandie

Advice Column
Dear+Sandie

Dear Sandie, How do you stay on top of all your schoolwork when you’re a part of an extracurricular?

Hey there! Finding a way to balance what you want to do and what you need to do is a very difficult thing to accomplish. Taking care of your mind and body is the first step to building the foundation for a balanced life. Creating healthy personal habits will help you have the energy and mental availability to efficiently accomplish everything life throws at you. Maybe download time management apps or start using a calendar to help keep you accountable. Canceling plans and saying no is completely acceptable as well, and make sure you are your own priority especially if you are feeling overwhelmed or behind. Usually, teachers will understand and genuinely want to help you help yourself.

Dear Sandie, I want to get into a serious relationship, but no one seems to want me. What do I do?

Hey there! Longing for a relationship is a basic human need. People were not made to be alone. There is someone out there waiting for someone just like you and taking the time to make sure you’re ready for that person will always be worth the wait. Do not lower your standards for short-term happiness that will end in heartbreak. My biggest advice for you is to become the kind of person you want to attract. If you want a long relationship with a healthy person, become a healthy person you could see someone being with. Just be patient, there’s someone out there for everyone!

Dear Sandie, How can I be signed up for snack packs?

Hey there! AHS has an anonymous way of delivering snack packs to you. Scan this QR code, fill out the form, and your selected teacher, coach, or staff member, will make sure you become part of the snack rotation.