United Way Week

United Way is an organization that works to unite the community idea and fight for the health, education, and stability of the people in their community. United Way works with donors and high-quality programs. In past years this school has raised over 10,000 dollars for United Way, but this year’s goal is to raise over $11,000.

This week is filled with days that students pay to participate in such as boys versus girls penny war, hour lunch, Friday assembly, homework passes, and singing telegrams sung by the PALS.

Students can participate by donating money and competing against each other such as in the penny war. The penny war is a competition between genders where pennies count as points but silver and paper count against the other gender.  

The assembly includes games and wrestling in pasta. A ticket for the assembly is $3 and can be purchased in room 215 or in the front office. 

Singing telegrams are a great way to share a laugh with your friends as PALS sings various songs picked. Telegrams are $3 in room 215.