Sandies Storm the Dance Floor

Sadie Hawkins Dance Review

The long-awaited Sadie Hawkins dance has come and gone for the seventh consecutive year with the theme “Gatsby Gala.” During the dance, attendees enjoyed the snacks and drinks provided by the Student Council, the announcement of class favorites, pictures at the photo booth, time with friends and  fun music to get the party started.

The night started with everyone catching up with other friends and complimenting outfits, while others raided the food bars before all the good food disappeared. The DJ played songs like “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid, “Cha-Cha Slide” by Mr. C the Slide Man and “Copperhead Road” by Steve Earle to get people on the dance floor.

“Right when I walk into the dance, I like to look for all the people I know so I can say hi to all my friends,” junior Bird Moffitt said. “I also love seeing everyone’s pretty dresses throughout the night.”

Eventually, the music paused, the crowd went quiet and the announcer revealed the class favorites along with Mr. and Miss AHS. The senior favorites were Morgan Rose and Henry Farris, Sara Keister and Jake Laminack took the title of Junior class favorites, the sophomores voted Elijah Keller and Kendall Graf as their favorites and the freshman favorites were Patch Parr and Hannah Meresa. After the class favorites were made known, the crowd began to go wild as Emmarie Albracht and John Kyle Sparkman made their way onto the stage to receive their titles as Mr. and Miss AHS.

“I felt excited and honored to be chosen by my peers to represent the school,” Albracht said. “Looking back on the past couple of years, I didn’t expect to be chosen as Miss AHS but was sweetly surprised.”

The opportunity to become Mr. and Miss AHS is a school tradition and honor.

“I was overjoyed to hear my name,” Sparkman said. “But the best part was to win alongside someone I’ve grown up with. As a freshman, I was still trying to figure out what high school even meant. I never made Mr. AHS a goal. Being where I am today is truly an unexpected blessing.”

After a long night of dancing, laughing, singing and chatting the time to leave approached and STUCO wished everyone a good night as they left.

“Sadies was so much fun,” sophomore Ethan Silva said. “When it was time to leave, I didn’t want to go because of how much fun I was having with my friends.”